Birth of a Trolley Substation
Listed as Historic Cultural Monument #404 by the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission as the Los Angeles Railway Huron Substation, the building was built in 1906 from a design by engineer Edward S. Cobb. It is the second oldest surviving substation in the city which housed equipment to convert high-voltage electricity supplied by the Edison Company to the 600 volts current used by the L.A. Railways “Yellow Cars,” providing urban transportation for many years.
We welcome film shoots, photo shoots, commercials, corporate and private events.
House power available for events and photo shoots utilizing strobe lights. Photo shoots and events utilizing Tungsten or HMI lighting are asked to supply their own generator or pay an additional charge for house power.
*Film shoots are required to supply their own generator.